Thursday, November 4, 2010

WIKI Curriculum Page AR#5

This week in my technology class, we were asked to create a WIKI site to publish a curriculum page regarding digital storytelling. Last week, we came up with a project using digital storytelling, and I created a Halloween story project where my students would get to create their own Halloween story. For this assignment, I changed my idea a little with regards to tips from the outside world, and decided that we would create our own stories, and put our ideas together as a class to create a class Halloween digital story! I was very excited to get to start my own WIKI since I have heard so much about them through colleagues and friends. I used the template provided by our professor, Curriculum Page Template, to create my curriculum page outline. I found this very simple to use, and loved the layout that provided links to each different page. For kindergarten, these would need to be reviewed as a class with the teacher, since they do not read very well, and would need guidance and help throughout the entire process. I loved how easy the steps were to not only create the WIKI, but when it comes time to work with my students, it will be a quick and simple step by step process that will be a breeze to swing through. You can access my WIKI page HERE :) to see what our Halloween story will look like! Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. I also found creating my curriculum page rather easy to create but I must admit that when I initially looked at the curriculum page template I thought it would be much harder then it actually was. Another assumption that I had about creating my curriculum page was that it wouldn't take that long to complete but it actually took longer then expected to complete.

    I love the idea of having your students create Halloween stories using digital storytelling. I feel that this gives the students a chance to creatively express themselves. Putting the stories together as a class is something that will motivate your students because they have the chance to integrate their story with their classmates stories.

    ReplyDelete